I'm sooooo in lurve with Mariah Carey's Bye Bye... both the original version and also the remix version...
I can listen to it over and over and over and over again!!!
Whenever i hear the song, memories of loved ones who left me flood back into my mind...
"You never got a chance to see how good I've done
And you never got to see me back at number one
I wish that you were here to celebrate together
I wish that we could spend the holidays together
I remember when you used to tuck me in at night
With the teddy bear you gave me that I held so tight
I thought you were so strong you'd make it through whatever
It's so hard to accept the fact
You're gone forever"
Yesterday, i taught a poem about death in class. And i told my students my experience attending funerals. So, i told them about my grandfather's funeral. The first 30 seconds of my story went quite well. They listened attentively to my story. After the 30 seconds... i realized i'm gonna cry! Shit. I can't possibly cry in front of my students! I'm not sure if they realize it, because i think my voice changed. But i caught their atention with my story, hehe..
They surprised me today though..
4G was very obedient and behave well beyond my expectation.
Im so happy with their performance today!! :)
Perhaps it is because of the prizegiving thing..
hmm.. must get them something good to motivate them..
Don't cry after you listen to this song ok....
1 comment:
Not just you. When I first heard this song, I was sobbing in my room. Its the same verse that you've set up tat touched my heart. I remember my late grandma told me that she is very proud of me, becoming a teacher. But she is not here to see me back to number 1. Huhu... come to think of it, thats one of the reason why I stuck with teaching... A good reminder for me! Excellent post! Gonna try and teach this in class, emo once in awhile in school can be good. just to show them that i am as human as anyone of them. I have feelings too..
Post a Comment